The RLE Foundation for the Future Mission Statement:
To build community through partnerships that mutually benefit the Rio Linda Elverta Recreation and Park District and nonprofit groups of the Rio Linda and Elverta areas and members of the community in general.
RLE Foundation for the Future on-going projects for the consideration of donations:
1. Recreation Programs – funds received will be used to provide funding for economically disadvantaged residents and to assist with the creation of new program offerings.
2. Fire Truck #2 Restoration – funds will be applied to the restoration of the 1927 LaFrance Fire Truck. This Truck was the Rio Linda Fire Department’s second Fire Truck.
3. Aqua Knights Swim Team – Our community’s own competitive swim team.
4. Fire House Museum – funds will be used to assist in the restoration of the original Fire House located on West Front St. This Fire House was built with World War II Power Act Bond dollars. The goal is to make this the community’s first living history museum.
5. Senior Activities – funds will be used for a variety of activities and tours for our Senior population.
6. General Fund – funds will be applied where most needed to improve the Recreation and Park District. This includes facility improvement, remodeling, equipment, supplies, and services.
The Foundation is working towards a total renovation of the Fire House with a goal to bring it back to its original circa 1940’s look and make it Sacramento County’s first Fire Museum. This large scale project is going to require assistance from the community. If you can volunteer or donate to this project, please contact the RLE Foundation for the Future at 916-991-5929.
The annual Fire Truck Fundraising Dinner normally scheduled for early October has been cancelled for 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be rescheduled for October 2021. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
For further information regarding the RLE Foundation for the Future,
please contact Mike Heller, Executive Director,
at 916-991-8110 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
MOU between FFF and District - 031819_YD6SJ2GJRJGIqULf0ZV9.pdf