The RLE Foundation for the Future is a 501c 3 tax exempt – non profit organization. You can make a donation to the Foundation, either in the form of cash, or by donating an item or two. Your donation may also be dedicated to the memory of a loved one, to a specific project, or to another organization. Since the Foundation is a non-profit organization, you may be able to claim your donation for federal advantages.
The mission statement is: To build community through partnerships that mutually benefit the Rio Linda and Elverta Recreation and Park District and non- profit groups of the Rio Linda and Elverta areas and the members of the community in general.
Areas to donate to
1. Recreation Programs- funds received will be used to provide scholarships for economically disadvantaged youth and to finance new program offerings
2. Fire truck #2 restoration – Funds to be applied towards restoring a 1927 Le France Fire Truck. This truck was Rio Linda’s second fire truck.
3. Aqua Knights Swim Team- Our communities own competitive swim team.
4. Fire House Museum- funds go towards restoring Rio Linda’s Fire House which was built with World War 2 power act money.
This will become the communities first living history museum.
5. Senior Citizen Activities- Funds used for a variety of activities and tours for our senior citizen population.
6. General Fund- Funds to be used where most needed to improve our District. This could be facility development, remodeling, equipment, supplies and services.
For further information regarding the RLE Foundation for the Future, contact Mike Heller, 991-8110